Sunday, July 23, 2006

Excitable Boy, Part II

I'm not one to follow celebrity trials and murder stories in the news, but this one on CNN jumped out at me because it reminded me of one of the greatest songs of the 1970s, if not of all time, Warren Zevon's Exciteable Boy. (Warren Zevon).

Grounded teen killed family before going to prom.

I have no idea if the guy is guilty or innocent. The line of reasoning taken by the defense, as briefly described in the article, seems plausible to me. And the fact that the local police actually decided not to search for finger prints on the crime scene, doesn't help the prosecutor's case. On the other hand, the guy was living in Dade County, Florida when he was picked up, which, in my experience, is the layman's version of the federal Witness Protection Program.

The story also raises a question about whether we need to start recognizing that "faith-placed" violence doesn't just happen in Iraq.

No comments: